Collège Boréal in Toronto’s Distillery District : Coming Soon!
Collège Boréal is very pleased to announce that a temporary campus in the heart of the Distillery District will be opening in September 2023. Located in the Casegoods Warehouse heritage building at 15 Case Goods Lane, these new spaces will help Collège Boréal to meet the growing demand for highly qualified bilingual workers.
With more than 4500 square metres spread across four floors, this location will be completely transformed into bright and modern spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology. A business incubator, collaborative workspaces and an event space will make this temporary campus a key asset for Toronto’s learning, education, business and Francophone/Francophile communities. Collège Boréal will continue to provide a wide array of programs, including some new offerings, as well as specialized services for newcomers.
- 2018 — Collège Boréal announces that a new building -the Ribbon building- will be built in the Distillery District by the fall of 2020.
- 2019 — The Government of Ontario announces the new Ontario Line project, extending the subway through the Distillery District, with direct access from Collège Boréal’s new campus.
- 2020 — Collège Boréal’s lease for its current Toronto campus expires and is renegotiated until 2023, the new opening date for the Ribbon Building in the Distillery District.
- — The COVID-19 pandemic results in delays to the start of construction work on the Ribbon Building.
- — The Building Transit Faster Act, S.O. 2020, is adopted in June, giving the provincial agency Metrolinx control over all development projects in sectors where construction will be needed to expand Toronto’s public transit system, further delaying the start of the campus construction.
- 2021 — Collège Boréal negotiates a lease for a temporary campus in the heart of Distillery District and announces that it will open in September 2023.
For further information: