A pre-apprenticeship program gives participants the opportunity to level up their skills in order to enter an apprenticeship program for a specific trade. Our pre-apprenticeship programs are FREE and offered in French only.
- Pre-apprenticeship programs are delivered according to regional demand.
- The trades and areas studied vary from year to year.
- These programs are generally short, lasting between 28 and 42 weeks. The number of weeks depends on the trade and the skills to be learned during the program.
- All pre-apprenticeship programs are funded by MLTSD and WESP, and are therefore free for participants. This includes the course, protective equipment and course textbooks
- All pre-apprenticeship programs meet apprenticeship program standards.
- All pre-apprenticeship programs have an upgrading component, in partnership with Boréal’s literacy centre (AFB or Formation sur mesure et alphabétisation).
- All pre-apprenticeship programs end with a work placement lasting 4 to 8 weeks, to give students an on-the-job component
- Pre-apprenticeship programs are in high demand. All applicants will be interviewed prior to admission.