Collège Boréal is Back at the Top of the Podium… Twice!
Colleges Ontario released the 2021-22 Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Ontario’s 24 colleges on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, and Collège Boréal again ranks first for two of the indicators: Graduate Satisfaction and Graduation Rate.
Since 1998, the Ontario government has mandated colleges to collect and report annually on performance data in four* areas: Graduate Satisfaction, Employer Satisfaction, Employment Rate, and Graduation Rate.
Collège Boréal once again ranks first for two of the four indicators, and it is not the first time. The 2021-22 data confirms the consistency of Collège Boréal’s performance:
- For the 17th time in 23 years and with a rate of 94.0% (unprecedented in the history of KPIs), the College ranks 1st in Ontario for graduate satisfaction; and
- For the 20th time in 23 years, with a rate of 75.2%, the College has the highest graduation rate in the province.
In fact, Collège Boréal is the only college in Ontario in the history of KPIs to be ranked first in two or more indicators in the same year more than once. Only five other colleges have accomplished this, and each only once.
In addition, in 2021-22, Collège Boréal’s results are above the provincial average, and are increasing for each of the indicators measured.
*In 2019, the Ministry of Colleges and Universities discontinued mandatory student satisfaction surveys. Collège Boréal now independently measures this indicator for the continuous improvement of its programs and services.
Quick Facts 2021–2022
- For the 17th time in 23 years and with a rate of 94.0%, Boréal ranks first in Ontario for Graduate Satisfaction (provincial average: 75.4%), the highest rate ever achieved by Collège Boréal and in the province for this indicator;
- 97% of graduates would recommend Collège Boréal to their friends or other interested individuals;
- 95% of graduates would also recommend their respective programs.
- For the 20th time in 23 years, Boréal ranked first in the province with a rate of 75.2% of registered students having obtained their diploma (provincial average: 65.2%).
- 90.6% of Collège Boréal graduates found jobs 6 to 9 months following their graduation (ranked 4th; provincial average: 83.4%).
- No data on Employer Satisfaction was available for the 2021–2022 academic year.