Our Services in Brief
At Collège Boréal, quality means meeting needs and exceeding expectations in order to ensure client satisfaction in a respectful, fair, open, diverse, innovative and continuously improving environment.
The Quality Assurance, Corporate Research and Strategic Planning is in charge of collecting data, administering reports and surveys, writing major funding proposals and presenting results in support of the strategic plan to effectively meet government obligations.
Together, we recognize the importance of listening, asking the right questions, and striving for quality and continuous improvement. Our team’s role is to help our colleagues from various sectors attain excellence in the planning, development and delivery of their programs and services.
Good to Know
The Collège works closely with a variety of governing bodies to ensure that our programs and services are of the highest quality, follow best practices and pursue continuous improvement.
The Collège fulfills its quality and accountability responsibilities by meeting the requirements of agencies and ministries, including, but not limited to, the following entities:
- Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU)
- Ontario College Quality Assurance Service (OCQAS)
- College Quality Assurance Audit Process (CQAAP)
- Professional corporations and the various external bodies that govern them
- Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board (PEQAB)
Our approach goes beyond a strict compliance with external regulations and requirements to further our mission. The various mechanisms that follow are in place at Collège Boréal to support our commitment to excellence and continuous improvement:
- Course and classroom environment surveys
- Classroom visits by senior management
- Numerous academic articulations
- Review and improvement of the Boréal’s processes using Lean Six Sigma methodology
- The Continuous Quality Improvement Committee (CQIC): the CQIC performs its functions under the Policy D.2 – Quality Assessment of Educational Programming and Services (link to Governance and Administration) and supports the Board of Governors in its responsibility
Office of Quality Assurance, Corporate Research and Strategic Planning